In the beginning
I began playing drums and keyboards at school and turned professional very soon after. Having served my apprenticeship like many musicians on the club circuit, I enjoyed chart success with some original bands, before moving into session playing.
Over a career spanning 4 decades I have played on many famous West End Musicals, TV and Radio shows and toured the world extensively.
Session playing is still at the core of my playing life and ensures that I teach from a position of knowledge and authority – especially important for pupils aiming to play professionally at the highest level.
West End and touring shows include
- Singing in the Rain with Tommy Steele.
- Summer holiday with Darren Day.
- Tribute To The Blues Brothers.
- Blood Brothers with Stephanie Lawrence, Barbara Dickson.
- Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat with Philip Schofield.
- Five Guys Named Moe.
- Smokey Joe’s Cafe.
- The Magic of Broadway – Oslo.
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang – The Palladium.
- Songs My Mother Taught Me – The Savoy Theatre.
- The Genius of Ray Charles – The Haymarket,
- The Rat Pack – The Strand Theatre.
- Guys and Dolls – The Piccadilly Theatre starring Patrick Swayze.
TV and Radio shows include
- Noel’s House Party, BBC1.
- The Barrymore Show ITV1.
- Brian Conley Live and Dangerous LWT and DVD.
- The Lawrence Olivier Awards BBC1
- The BBC Radio Orchestra, Radio 2
- This Morning ITV
- Pebble Mill at One BBC1.
- Gloria Gaynor in Concert BBC2.
- Top of the Pops BBC1.
- The Tube, Tyne Tees TV.
- The Alan Titchmarsh Show ITV.
- Blue Peter BBC1
- The Supremes
- Petula Clark
- Five Star
- Ben E King
- Joe Longthorne
- Gloria Gaynor
- Lorna Luft
- Wayne Sleep
- Joe Pasquale
- Bradley Walsh
- Lilly Savage
- Harold Melvin
- Martha Reeves
- Billy Paul
- Cilla Black
- Barbara Dickson
- Paul Daniels
- Marti Webb
- The Drifters
- Bjorn Again
- The Monte Carlo Sporting Club Band
- Brendan Cole, Live and Unjudged
- Brendan Cole, Licence to Thrill
- Brendan Cole, A Night to Remember
- The Royal Command Performance
- McFly, Metropolis Studios
- Barry Manilow & Lorna Luft Blenheim Palace.
- High School Musical National Tour
- Songs My Mother Taught Me CD A
- Loose CD A